To request information or to schedule a training session, go to our NAHOF listing on VolunteerCNY
Volunteer docents provide a welcome, hospitable environment and rewarding learning experience to museum visitors through guided tours.
Duties may include:
- Greet and welcome tour groups upon their arrival at the National Abolition Hall of Fame and Museum
- Deal skilfully with a diversity of visitors under a variety of circumstances
- Continually be aware and keep informed about changed in the exhibits
- Conducting museum tours of approximately 15-60 minutes in length. Be comfortable speaking to small and large groups of people of all ages.
- May be called upon to conduct occasional tours of museum and facilities (behind the scenes) for field trips, VIP's special visiting groups, etc.
- On occasion, assist with an evening or weekend special event program.
- Occasionally, tours fail to show and when that happens, docents might wander through the exhibition galleries to engage individual visitors and families in impormptu tours or conversations.
- Be responsible to find a replacement docent if you cannot give a tour that has been assigned to you or during your shift.
Training will be provided
Saturdays and Sundays 12:30pm-5:00pm
We are looking for volunteers for individual dates. This is a great opportunity if you are available for 1-2 weekends a month.
Volunteers will be scheduled for 1-2 days of the weekend depending on need or the volunteers preference.
For more information, email: Jessica Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org
National Abolition Hall of Fame and Museum
5255 Pleasant Valley Road
PO Box 55
Peterboro N.Y. 13134
Like us on or follow us on
Memberships and Partners
©2012-2017 All Rights Reserved