National Abolition Hall of Fame and Museum
2013 Induction Weekend
148th Anniversary of the 1835 Inaugural Meeting of the NY State Antislavery Meeting in Peterboro
• Saturday, October 19, 2013•
11 AM Sandwich Buffet by Peterboro United Methodist Church at the Smithfield Community Center
Colgate University Upstate Institute Symposia
· 1 PM - Elijah Lovejoy presented by Ary J. Lamme III, University of Florida
· 2 PM - Myrtilla Miner presented by Christopher Anglim, University of the District of Columbia
· 3 PM - John Rankin presented by Dr. John R. Kaufman-McKivigan, Indiana University-Purdue University
· 4 PM - Jonathan Walker presented by Alvin F. Oickle and John L. Hoh, Jr.
5 PM – 19th century Antislavery Dinner catered by The Copper Turret of Morrisville, NY
7 PM – Induction Ceremony with 19th century Readings and Music directed by Hugh C. Humphreys
• Sunday, October 20, 2013•
9 AM – Gerrit Smith Estate National Historic Landmark opens
9 AM - National Abolition Hall of Fame and Museum opens
Harriet Tubman 2013 Commemorative Year
1 PM – Harriet Tubman: Myth, Memory, and History by Milton C. Sernett, PhD
2 PM – North of the Law by Linda Roberston (Video by Sarah Bradford, Tubman biographer)
3 PM – Beyond the Underground Railroad: Harriet Tubman, Moses of her People
All weekend events will be held in Peterboro.
This program is supported by a grant from the New York Council for the Humanities and bythe New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, administered by CNY Arts.
**REGSITRATION DUE BY MONDAY, OCTOBER 7**
For lodging information and to explore the area, please visit www.madisontourism.com